Saturday, July 9, 2011

A simply delicious meal

 So I love chicken, yeah we’ve been over this before but allow me to reiterate. Chicken is delicious. So, even when I don’t have a meal plan for it, I will buy chicken because I know its super easy to turn into a magical dinner. And this is a perfect example. I’m not going to lie, chicken wings were on sale so that’s why I bought them, but it was a great deal! And how easy are chicken wings? Just smother them in barbeque sauce and throw them on the grill. And that’s exactly what I did! Now when it comes to barbeque sauce I have a little confession, I am a snob. Usually I am ok with whatever brand is on sale or the one I see first, but barbeque sauce is an exception (as is peanut butter…peter pan or nothing!) So when I utilize this tasty sauce, I only use Bulls Eye. Weird I know. And another small comment on this sauce, they “slightly” change the recipe about 3 years ago and I was very sad, but I forgave them and am still their most loyal customer. Anyways, on to the chicken! I coasted them in Bulls Eye and let them sit for a bit. Them I had the hubbie (because i don’t grill) throw them on the George foreman and grill them to perfection. Side note: I married a fantastic griller. I doused them in sauce again, just because I can’t get enough of the stuff. Super easy.

Next I made a salad. But let me warn you, this isn’t any normal salad, this is a combination of pure awesomeness that my family has been doing for years. There’s a huge secret in the ‘salad world’ and I shall share. Add fruit to any greens and voilà! You have a dish that really needs a new name because salad just doesn’t do it justice. Want to make it better? Add some sugared nuts (I use almonds or walnuts chopped, throw them and sugar into a pan and melt!) And then to top it all off, add a yummy cheese, I use gorgonzola. Actually you could just add some chicken and make this baby a meal! But as just a salad, it’s pretty super. So that’s an easy but elegant side dish. 



And now on to dessert. My husband recently became obsessed with strawberries (and when I say obsessed, I mean the man buys 4 cases and they’re gone in a few days). So I have returned to an old family favorite, strawberry shortcake.  Now the one I did in this picture is my ‘simple version’, but I’ve discovered the deliciousness of bisquick shortcake. So for this one I just bought pound cake from the store not very housewifey, I know) but this is all about simplicity. I mixed strawberries and sugar (the amount depends on just how sweet you want it) and layered the cake, berries and whipped cream. It was fantastic! So let’s summarize, easy meals are awesome and can be delicious. Salad to start, wings for the meal and shortcake to wrap it all up. It’s something you can get done in a few minutes; the longest part is grilling the chicken! So enjoy! Who knows what’s next, the adventure continues. 






2 comments:

  1. so delicious!! we love strawb shortcake <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award. If you're too busy, no worries just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog! http://cevichion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete